Terms & Conditions of Sale
By purchasing products from the Author Academy Bookstore (“Author Academy Bookstore”, “we”, “us”, “our”) or using this website, the purchaser (the “Customer”, “you”, “your”), agrees to the following terms and conditions of sale (the “Terms”).
- Consumer Protection and other legislation: Where the provisions of any consumer protection law, or any mandatory legislation in your jurisdiction that cannot legally be excluded applies, these terms will be read subject to the application of that legislation, and in the case of any conflict, the provisions of that legislation will apply.
- Limitation of Liability: The Customer shall indemnify Author Academy Bookstore against any loss of or damage to property. Author Academy Bookstore shall not be liable to the Customer for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the purchase, use or performance of products or services from Author Academy Bookstore, even if Author Academy Bookstore has been advised of their possibility. In no case shall Author Academy Bookstore’s maximum liability exceed the cost of the relevant original order.
- Refunds: Most items can be returned within 30 days of the item being shipped, provided it is in new, resalable condition. Items can be returned after the 30 day period in compliance with the relevant consumer legislation if the item is damaged. Author Academy Bookstore will comply with its obligations under any applicable consumer protection legislation that cannot be excluded. Subject to any such applicable laws, refunds or replacement products will be given at the discretion of company management.
- Addressing: If a product is found to be mis-addressed by Author Academy Bookstore then Author Academy Bookstore shall be responsible for the re-delivery, replacement or refunding of the product. If the Customer is found to have given an incorrect or insufficient address, then Author Academy Bookstore will not refund or resend the product and all responsibility for correcting delivery will be borne by the Customer.
- Incorrect Bank Account Number: If the Customer credits money to the incorrect bank account number, and the correct number was provided to the Customer by Author Academy Bookstore, then Author Academy Bookstore will not accept any responsibility for correcting payment and goods will not be dispatched by Author Academy Bookstore until Author Academy Bookstore has received payment in full.
- Prices, Payment and Title: Author Academy Bookstore’s available payment methods will be presented at the time of purchase. Author Academy Bookstore retains title in the products purchased until Author Academy Bookstore receives payment in full.
- Pricing errors: Although we do our best to ensure prices stated on this website are accurate, errors do occur from time to time. Where a pricing error occurs (subject to applicable law that cannot be excluded), we will not be bound by the incorrect pricing stated, and reserve the right to cancel your purchase.
- Security: Author Academy Bookstore uses reasonable endeavours to ensure this website, and any transactions conducted on it, are secure. However you acknowledge that the security of information and payments transmitted via the Internet can never be entirely secure or error free. Author Academy Bookstore will not be liable for any damages suffered due to failure, delay, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties on any computer programmes (e.g. those used for transmission of viruses).
- Special Offers: Special deals and offers on this site are only valid for so long as they are displayed, unless expressly stated otherwise.
- Mailing Cash: Author Academy Bookstore does not recommend that cash be mailed for payment of products. If the Customer does mail cash, Author Academy Bookstore accepts no responsibility for the theft, loss or otherwise for non-delivery of the mailed cash.
- Cancelling Orders: Author Academy Bookstore reserves the right to cancel orders for any reason or to cancel the purchase agreement after order confirmation, including (without limitation) where Author Academy Bookstore believes the order to be fraudulent or constitute a mis-use of a promotional or marketing activity or where an error has occurred including but not limited to errors relating to pricing. If we do cancel your order or purchase agreement, we accept no liability for any resulting damages or costs suffered by you, however we will refund the purchase price to you (where it has already been paid).
- Customs & Duties: For any orders shipped outside of Australia the customer is the importer of record and will be responsible for all customs import duties and sales tax charges. These charges vary in each country and are outside of Author Academy Bookstore’s control. Contact your local customs office for more information on what import duties or sales taxes may be imposed.
- Site Access: Author Academy Bookstore hereby grants you permission to access, view and download the content appearing on this site, for your personal, non-commercial use only. You agree not to use any device, method or software to interfere with the proper functioning of this site. Without the express written permission of Author Academy Bookstore, you may not use any device, method or software including, but not limited to: spiders, robots, avatars, agents, data mining, gathering or extraction tools and attempts to probe, scan or test or breach security and authentication measures.
- Copyright & Trademarks: You agree that the content you access, view or download on this site and the software used to create it, remains the property of Author Academy Bookstore including but not limited to Copyright and Trademark laws. You agree not to modify or alter such content in any way, or make it available to any third parties.
- Gift Vouchers: Gift vouchers are valid for six months from the time they are issued, after which the voucher will expire. Any credit remaining after the expiry of the gift voucher is non-refundable.
- Delivery Estimates: Author Academy Bookstore makes every effort to ensure that delivery of your purchase is made within 14 days where possible. By placing an order, you agree not to hold Author Academy Bookstore liable for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with any delay or failure to deliver within the estimated time frame.
Author Academy Bookstore would like to welcome you to this website, we have worked hard to make it as user-friendly and informative as possible. When viewing the pages of this website, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted the following disclaimer.
The information on this website is provided “as is” and for general information only. Author Academy Bookstore has provided this information for the benefit of users in good faith and with reasonable care. However, errors and omissions in this website and the information on it may occur from time to time and Author Academy Bookstore does not guarantee that the website will always operate or be error free.
Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Author Academy Bookstore does not accept any liability for the use of or inability to use this site, or for any loss or damage which may directly or indirectly result from any opinion, information, advice, representation or omission contained on this web site.
Stay in Touch
Keep up to date with the latest books!
Our mission is to give our customers the best experience with quality products & services.
Riding the Rainbow
PO Box 55, Kurrajong
Phone: 0448 224 287
Email: (please click)