Who Is Joesy Knibbs?
- What inspired you to write a book?
I have been fascinated with stories ever since I was a child, I would get lost in books and pretend I was the characters and living their stories. The stories inspired my imagination and allowed me to be creative using mine.
- Who is your favourite author and why?
This is a hard question to answer as I have had many over the years. I have loved J.R Tolkien, C S Lewis, J K Rowling, May Gibbs, Roald Dahl, and now these days I am not reading as much , but when I do I like Melissa Marr and Stephanie Meyers. I think I like these authors because their stories are outside of the normal life we live today. Anything is possible within the storyline , even things I wouldn’t ever think of, so I am able to step into the characters to feel what they feel and stand in their shoes for awhile.
- What is your favourite food?
My favourite food is chocolate or ice cream.
- What do you like to do when you are not writing?
When I am not writing I like to spend time with my family watching my grandsons play football or being creative with my granddaughters.
- As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
As a child I wanted to be a Dancer or a singer.
- What do you think makes a good story?
I think what makes a good story is the ability to take the reader to another place and inspire their creativity and imagination even for a little while.
7. What was one of the most surprising things you learned from writing your book?
The most surprising things for me was to see what my imagination had created and to turn it into reality. It was like I made it come alive.
- When did you realise you wanted to be a writer?
As a child I think it was just a gift that I had and taken it for granted. It wasn’t until I came to Author Academy that I became aware of my gift. Meeting Sue Kennedy and the other authors gave me the space and feedback to recognise the gift in my stories, and that is what made me realise that I wanted to be a writer.
- How long does it take you write a book?
Once I believe in the idea that my stories are something worth reading it takes about a year.
- Can you share with us what your next book will be about?
At the moment I am playing around with ideas and haven’t decided on the subject of my next book yet.