Who Is Millie Jackson?
- What inspired you to write a book?
I felt the need to tell my story and to let others know that out of tragedy, hope is more often than not, just around the corner.
- Who is your favourite author and why?
I have many favourite authors. I loved Liane Moriarty’s earlier work. I am inspired by Eckhart Tolle and many of the Buddhist teachings.
- What is your favourite food?
My favourite food is seafood especially prawns and crabs
- What do you like to do when you are not writing?
Walking by water, coffee with friends and browsing shops especially bookstores. I love attending book launches and writers’ festivals.
- As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
I always wanted to be an actress or a singer. I started writing when I was very young and also wanted to keep doing that.
- What do you think makes a good story?
I enjoy pace, humour and honesty as well as a good plot twist.
7. What was one of the most surprising things you learned from writing your book?
I learned that it doesn’t just flow every day, that creativity comes in bursts. I also learned that slumps can be hard but can be worked through if you have the right people and tools around you.
- When did you realise you wanted to be a writer?
From a very young age, but more seriously after attending a writers’ festival in Ubud around four years ago.
- How long does it take you write a book?
To do it properly it can take years. I believe at least one year with all of the multitude of edits etc.
- Can you share with us what your next book will be about?
My next book is a murder mystery set on the northern beaches.